108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM database extension

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kim Tran_4
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM database extension

I would like to create a table in HP SIM database. Please help me with a step by step process, or pointers to any HP SIM related documents. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You don't typically add tables to the HPSIM Database.
What are you trying to do?
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

You are on your way to loose support for HP SIM by adding tables to the DB. If anything goes wrong, you won't be able to call support on this...

within the user guide of HP SIM 5.1, one can find the db SCHEMA : http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userguide_51.pdf

In chapter 17, reference information / Database tables.

Unfortunately there is no step by step description of the process since it is an unsupported one.

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Kim Tran_4
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for all the help. I hope that this feature will be supported in the near future
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Kim:

We only recommend opening the HP SIM database in Read-Only fashion. Any mucking about in the data can cause severe problems and really confuse HP SIM.

You can do what you want by creating your own database and then open the HP SIM database read only so you can use data from it and its keys for things you need to reference in your database. Fred already has provided info about where the HP SIM schema is published.