8536 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM for HP-UX 11i.v3

_Raul_
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM for HP-UX 11i.v3

Hi all,

We have a superdome with HP-UX 11i.v3. Here we want to install a HP SIM agent and integrate with Operations Manager only, without HP SIM server manager. It is possible?

Anybody knows when i can download the IM agent depot file and where i find documentation about integration with OM?

Thanks in advance.
Ra├║l.
3 REPLIES 3

Your problem is not clear...

All the WBEM agents required for an 11iv3 host to communicate with a SIM Central Management Server (or SIM server as you called it) come pre-installed with the OS.

SIM agents talk to a SIM CMS - they do _not_ talk to a HP Operations Manager server - for that you should install the operations agent.

You *can* configure a SIM CMS to send on its alerts to operations manager, but not a SIM agent... so the flow of alerts is always:

SIM Agent -> SIM CMS -> Operations Manager

it is *not* possible to go:

SIM Agent -> Operations Manager

But of course if you have operations manager you should be going:

Operations Agent -> Operations Manager

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
_Raul_
Occasional Contributor

Hi Duncan,

in firt time, thank you for you reply.

I have installed in this host a operations agent but anyway, we want manage Hardware Layer with SIM agent.

Then could I install only WBEM agent on a HP-UX host and configure this to send snmp traps to Operations Manager server directly?

Thank you!

_Raul_
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have found this document what explain as integrate HP Insight Management Agent with NNM. It is we will need. But we can not find the software of HP Insight Management Agent for HP-UX.

For Linux (Suse) HP Insight Management Agent is inside of Support Pack for Superdome. But we can not find support pack for HP-UX.

Anybody knows where we can will find HP Insight Management Agent for hp-ux or support pack for HP-UX Superdome?

Thanks and Regards.