108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM grouping

SOLVED
Go to solution
atwizrane
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM grouping

I would like to create groups in HP SIM, example: Servers groups, routers group, switches group, etc.. and move devices from All systems groups to specific groups.

How can I do that?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor
Solution

On the Left hand side of the HPSIM page you will see the System and Event Collections, in the upper right hand corner of the section you will see a 'Customize' link. Click that link. In the pane to the right will open up a new pane. Click "New" and then you can create many different collections both public and private. You can choose members individually or by attribute. Your saved collection can be shared so all can see it or private so only you can.
tr10385
Frequent Advisor

One thing SIM does have is a sophistcated grouping system. Note that "All systems" is a fixed set of systems. You can create as many other groups, something SIM calls collections, as needed.

Try expanding the tree on the left, there are already systems by types under that there are "All servers", "All Clients", "All..."

Also click on "Customize" under the System and Event Collections navigation area on the left. I would also suggest reading the help on the page here as the options exceed what can be written forum.