7164 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM instalation DB issue

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM instalation DB issue

Hi

I 've a problem installing HP SIM. I already installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Express i am able log on via Management studio (localy or remotely), but when i try to set creditials for HP SIM DB i am unable to pass this step succesfuly. Please see attached file. AdminAcc domain account with admin rights on this server, password is typed correctly, domain as well (if it is have to be ACME\ ,then i am going to destroy something :) ), DB serverName is correctly typed name of localmachine (for example ACMEserver1). Instance is correct, and as i already said i am able to log on it (i didnt change port or so it should be default 1433).

Do you have any idea what i am missing? This isn't first time i am installing SQLserver and HP SIM on this machine but usually its enough to just fill password and everything passes correctly...

Thanks for any good thoughts

2 REPLIES 2
shocko
Honored Contributor

Attachment missing? Ensure the SQL browser is running and auth mode of the DB is correct. I think you should let the IC installer install the DB from my recollection.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Problem solved by itself. Unsucessful attempt was with SQL server 2012 (and HP SIM 7.2 where should be 100% compatibility), when i installed SQL server 2008 R2 everything works with same steps and setup. I do not believe in magic or things like that but this is pretty close to it :)