Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753492 Members
5125 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM install fails after choosing remote database

AlexFerrie

HP SIM install fails after choosing remote database

I'm having an issue with a SIM 6.x install. Installer starts and carries out the inspection for local installs/sql servers. I provide the credentials in the database configuration screen, telling it to use a remote server installation which the service account has local admin and sql credentials on. As soon as I click the button to  continue, the installer presents a screen saying that the program cannot display the web page and i can't get any further.

The install log doesn't show any errors, but shows a successful connection to the database server, so I'm certain that's not the issue.

I've downloaded the install files again, and tried both version 6.3 and 6.2.

Has anyone had this issue before and maybe know how to solve it?

7 REPLIES 7
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I can bet you are using an unsupported browser such as IE9

Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

Have you created the remote database yourself. If you have then this will not work. You need to allow the installation to create the database for you.

steven

Jason Tontz
Occasional Advisor

Did you ever get a solution on this? I cannot seem to get around the post database connection and am getting the "page cannot be displayed". I press F5 to refresh and it goes blank inside of the window.

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

I too am waiting for a response on this. I don't have IE 9installed. So i wonder if i should make my hpsim service account as admin  on my remote sql cluster and let it make the database by itself ?

Andy328i
Occasional Advisor

I am having a similar problem...

To get around this you can grant your Service account Domain Admin privileges.

I decided that I do not want my Service Account to be in the Domain Admins Group.

After going through and changing my service account to one without Domain Admin access, the HP Insight Manager webpage would not load.  For troubleshooting purposes, I added the service account to the Domain Admins group and restarted the service and it worked.... It would be nice to be able to run this account without Domain Admin.

_shorty_

@jim goodman wrote:

I can bet you are using an unsupported browser such as IE9

I was having a similar problem.  Uninstalled the IE9 update and problem went away.

Bernard Thomas
Occasional Visitor

This worked for me also, thanks