5910 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM integration with BMC BEM

Adila Botonjic
Advisor

HP SIM integration with BMC BEM

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible and to integrate HP SIM with BMC BEM without forwarding traps from HP SIM to BEM.
I have a customer that would like to use HP SIM but since they already have BMC BEM they would like to avoid double notification (one from BEM and one from SIM).
I would like to know if there is a possibility to integrate HP SIM an BEM on a database level.

Thank you
Adila
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM integration with BMC BEM

You'd need to speak to your BEM people.
HPSIM just uses a SQL Database, so you could write RO Queries to pull data from it.

You don't need to configure HPSIM's event management, so you can forward traps and just get a single notification fo an event.
Sanku

I am also in the process of integrating HP SIM with BEM and you have 2 optiions
1) Via SNMP Trap forwarding to BEM
2) Via Event Log Integration ( write the SIM alerts to eventlog and then use the log integration adapter to capture information from Log file and forward them to BEM)
3) Via MSend

Unfortunately all these are related to BMC and you may need a BMC expert to get this implemented.

Thanks
SKR
Sanku

I am also in the process of integrating HP SIM with BEM and you have 3 optiions
1) Via SNMP Trap forwarding to BEM
2) Via Event Log Integration ( write the SIM alerts to eventlog and then use the log integration adapter to capture information from Log file and forward them to BEM)
3) Via MSend

Unfortunately all these are related to BMC and you may need a BMC expert to get this implemented.

Thanks
SKR