5694 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM is not generating reports

Rogger007
Advisor

HP SIM is not generating reports

hello,

I'm trying to generate a report that will show all my servers, and their Array configurations of the local disks. The SMH, will show what RAID type a Logical Drive is, and what disks are in that array, but the storage reports show "No Data Available" for EVERYTHING.  

I am using HP SIM 7.2 . I have see one thread and according to it - array configuration information is not possible to view but it was old HP SIM.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Rogger007,

Did you do an upgrade from earlier versions of SIM?
I have had contact with HP about the problems i have with more than one SIM server that does not show array controller information when i select the build-in report for array controllers. When i run the build-in report for installed controllers it shows the array controller, but the first field is empty. The sad solution i got was a fresh install of the 7.2 software. Now i can run the array controller report without any problem. It seems that the last update from 7.1 to 7.2 made some errors converting the database model. When i ran the new report and choose the general options i even got a field errors in the updated SIM. That problem was also solved in the fresh installed SIM.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Rogger007
Advisor

Hello Andrew,

Thanks a lot .

I did not upgrade it . It was a fresh installation of 7.2.

Now even it is not showing array information in system tab. So if you are suggesting there is no solution but to reinstall it. I will try it.

Thanks again.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Rogger,

If you run the default report forInstalled Controllers - Servers you will probably see your Array controller but when you run the also default report Installed Controllers - Server and check for the same host you probably don't see the server. If that is your problem than the field  Board Name under Installed Controllers is empty. I 've had that problem with the update to 7.2 but if you have the same problem a reinstall helped with me. Also be sure to check if the Bi-weekly Data collection job does not timeout on the servers you collect data for.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew