108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM - lost since upgrade - help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jonathan Howe
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM - lost since upgrade - help

I have just upgraded from Insight Mgr v7 to SIM v5. I'm completely lost.

There are two urgent things I could do with a pointer on ...

1) how do I set up a daily email to send me the hardware status of all my servers ?

2) SIM identifies two of my servers a "desktops" - how do I resolve this ?

Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Was this done from Insight Mgr v7 to SIM v4.2 and then upgraded to SIM v5? As this is the rcommended steps by HP.

for

1) OPTIONS->EVENTS->AUTOMATIC EVENT HANDLING -> EMAIL SETTINGS

2) Check SNMP settings and if they are ok you could also change settings for those servers by clicking on the server and choosing TOOLS & LINKS TAB -> EDIT SYSTEM PROPERTY LINK and then in system type choose SERVER.
Before clicking on OK make sure the checkbox
Prevent the Discovery... is selected.
Jonathan Howe
Occasional Advisor

thanks for the help, point2 now sorted but I may not have made myself clear ref point1.

I used to have, and would like again, an email every morning that gives me a summary of the hardware status of my servers. I don't particularly want this as a response to an event more as a scheduled task/report.

Although we were running IM7 I abandoned that installation and installed HP SIM v5 as a clean install.
J
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
That should be possible, under the reports menu you should be able to choose to create a new report and then possibly send that as email to your account. Havent done this personally but think it is doable.