108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM not reporting System Name, Product Name, OS Name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

HP SIM not reporting System Name, Product Name, OS Name

I have installed 17 systems in a HPSIM config. 4 of the systems are only reporting IP addresses as names. 2 of these 4 are part of a cluster (cluster has a separate IP) and are also not reporting Product Name and OS Name. The other 2 of these 4 are reporting everything properly EXCEPT the System Name. 3 other systems are just not reporting Product Name and OS Name. I have re-run Data Collection twice, I have verified SNMP settings and when I sign into the System Management Homepage it reports the Product Name properly... any thoughts or ideas please?
8 REPLIES 8
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Have you tried to run H/W & S/W status polling after verifying SNMP settings on those systems ?

Thanks.
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

I have verified the SNMP settings and I did run the H/W and S/W polling and there was no change. Another interesting fact. I have deleted and re-added the 5 servers in question by IP address. When I add them they show up as servers in system type...overnight they will change to "Unknown"
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Configure globalsettings.props correctly and run idfentifications on those servers and try whether they are identified correctly
Jim P Walsh

I have run into the same issue in the past, 9/10 it is a permissions issue. The account needs to be able to authenticate (so there may be some network issue underneath this also) and scan the machine.

Good luck!
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

hello michael/murali,

what specific changes need to be made in the .props file?

srh
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

In the global settings I had to change the snmp write and the snmp from private and public respectively to the name of the community that I had created for the ISEE traps
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

Did you install agents on the target nodes and is SMH running.
Davide De Michino
Occasional Advisor

I've the same problem!!!