Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753856 Members
6979 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM problem when server rebooted

Brian Show

HP SIM problem when server rebooted

I have HP SIM 5.2 running on a RHEL4U4 server. I have various HP Proliant servers running the latest Proliant Support Pack (8.12).

When the systems are initially discovered, all is well. The Product Name field and OS type fields are populated correctly. I can click the "System Management Homepage" link and reach the homepage for the server.

However, when I reboot a server it's entry in HP SIM becomes corrupted. The Product Name reverts to "Linux Server" rather than "HP Proliant DL380 G5". The OS type reverts to "Linux" rather than "Redhat Enterprise Linux 4".

If I click the "System Management Homepage" link I get an error "There is no System Management Homepage for ". If I open a new window and type the address for the System Management Homepage in, it comes up as normal, only the link in HP SIM is broken.

If I delete the server from HP SIM and re-run discovery everything works again until the next reboot.

I'm unable to find anything in the logs. Please help!
2 REPLIES 2
Brian Show

Re: HP SIM problem when server rebooted

Bump to the top, anyone with an idea??
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM problem when server rebooted

Not sure if its the same issue, but the VMware ESX (which uses redhat for the console) there was an issue where an additional firewall hole needed to be opened to allow identification to work correctly.
As well as 2381 and 280 it needed 2301. The behaviour was similar to what you're seeing. It was fixed for VMware with the most recent PSP though.