New Discussion

HP SIM question

SOLVED
Go to solution
stevenliutj
Advisor

HP SIM question

Hi,

Our company is using product of HP SIM 5.3, and I encountered a question,.There is a equipment in all server systems, and Its HS( Health status) displays major severity, but when I click it to check its detail to find system status is normal of the equipment.

I have verified all setting for it, I didn't find any cue.

could you please provide some suggestion?

Many thanks

Steven

10 REPLIES 10
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM question

hi,

You can try to change the SMH data source and to check if the SMH will report any status.

What is the PSP version?

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
stevenliutj
Advisor

Hi,

Because I just touch SIM, could you please explain further detail for your answer?

Such as: how to find PSP version and SMH data source?

many thanks!

Steven

shocko
Honored Contributor

You also need to check the intervals at which SIM is polling the systems for hardware status. This is a task in SIM that run regularly to check the health of managed node.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
stevenliutj
Advisor

hi,

So far, the issue is still existing.

Someone can provides any suggestions?

stevenliutj
Advisor

And adding some information, the server is VMWARE ESX sever, and there is empty in MP status,

and its ilo port' system name doesn't include host name(ESX server name).

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

if it is a ESX Host and your Health Status is allways "Major" it could be because of the NIC Ports!

as long as you don't have every NIC Port connected or disabled (which you acutally cannot do in ESXi) HP SIM recognizes this as an Hardware Failure.

stevenliutj
Advisor

but, other ESX servers are nornal and may display health status is ok. someone knows other reason?
stevenliutj
Advisor

Our ESX host is ProLiant DL380 G7, I don't know if SIM 5.3 supports the kind of server.
For your reference.
shatra
Advisor

Youd should check integrated management log if you have uncleared events there, from System Management Homepage ---> Logs.