108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
khomutov
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM questions

Hi all. I have some questions about HP SIM and HP SMH.

1. When i use WBEM to manage some systems i need windows users credentials (local or domain). Which level of rights this users must have to HP SIM can manage that systems properly? Local Admin? User? Domain Admin?

2. The question about licensing.

All of our servers are HP. We set up an HP Isight Control 7.1. During installation process and after it doesnt ask any license attempts. Do we need to buy any licence to use HP Insight Control or licences, comes with HP ProLiant servers is enough?

Thanks all and sorry for my bad english

3 REPLIES 3
khomutov
Occasional Contributor

I have found answer on my first question in "Understanding HP SIM Security.pdf" Document:

The CMS requires a user name and password to access WMI data on Windows systems. By
default, a domain administrator account can be used for this, but you should use an account with
limited privileges for WMI access. You can configure the accounts accepted by each Windows
managed system by using the Computer Management tool:

1.    First select the WMI Control item
2.    Right-click WMI Control and select Properties
3.    Select the Security tab, select Root namespace, and click Security.
4.    Add a user to access WMI data along with their access rights. The enable account and remote enable permissions must be enabled for correct operation of HP Systems Insight Manager.
5.    The user name and password specified here must be configured in the CMS.

shocko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Insight Control will install without any licenses but most of the packages therein will just be in trial mode. SIM is free but things like Insight Control for vCentre would need a licenses of Insight Power Management ;). Insight Control is the suite.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
khomutov
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot!