2980 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM "Tools & Links" section display random links content

SimonaS
Visitor

HP SIM "Tools & Links" section display random links content

Hi, 

we have a solution with 5 servers ProLiant DL160 Gen9 - Windows 2012  and 5 servers ia64 hp Integrity rx2800 i4 HP-UX, all managed by a central HP - SIM 7.6 installed on a HP-UX based CMS.  Windows servers and HPUX servers have identical hardware configurations between them. 

The page "Tools & Links", section "System Web Application Pages"  have some incoherence:

- it displays multiple "IIS Windows Server" links(for Proliant servers)  and multiple "HPE ILO Login "(for Integrity servers) links pointing to the same adress . Why? (see attached pictures)

- for ILO systems, it displays links that doesn't work , like "HP Web Jetadmin", "OSM Event Viewer"(see picture). Why? 

- for some servers, the section "System Web application pages" doesn't exist...Why? 

Can you help us to clarify if this section can be customized or it is populated by HP SIM software based on some settings? 

Thank you very much!

Simona

PS: I wanted to attach pictures but it seems that I can't . How can I attach them? 

5 REPLIES 5
KK
HPE Pro

Hi SimonaS,

DL160 Gen9 and rx2800 i4 cannot have identical hardware configuration. These are two different hardware platforms.

Unless we have any photos/images where being pointed, we cannot proceed further. Please see the image below for attaching an image/photo to this post.  

The image below is attached same way as described in it.

Attach photos.jpg

Please clarify and point out in the images about the issue and expectation.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
SimonaS
Visitor

Hi,

thank you for the answer!

First I should clarify what I meant by "identical hardware configuration": all DL160 Gen9 servers have identical hardware config and all rx2800 i4 servers have identical hadware config. 

I tried to use the "insert/edit image" buton in my first post, but it doesn't offer the browsing possibility, and when inserting the path to the picture file by hand, the picture is not inserted into the post. I try again now:

multiple "IIS Windows Server" links for Proliant  Windows serversmultiple "IIS Windows Server" links for Proliant Windows serversmultiple "HPE ILO Login " for HPUX Integrity serversmultiple "HPE ILO Login " for HPUX Integrity serverslinks that doesn't work(tools not installed)links that doesn't work(tools not installed)section "System Web application pages" doesn't exist.section "System Web application pages" doesn't exist.

I managed to add the pictures, after help provided by Parvez_AL  

Thank you!

SimonaS
Visitor

I must add an information:  the redundant links ( "IIS Windows Server" or "HPE Ilo Login") point to the same IP adress but with different ports, the ports are from "additionalWsDisc.props" file, but not all of them. There is no app listening to these ports on the supervised servers, so it makes no sense to have the links. 

Thank you!

KK
HPE Pro

Hi SimonaS,

We can see the images populated now. This is something which need detailed check and need to know why multiple hyperlinks for the iLO Login or IIS Windows Server.

I would reqest to raise the support tickert with HPE for further troubleshooting on this issue.

Regards

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
SimonaS
Visitor

@KK Thank you for the answer! 

I made an experiment for one node which has redundant links: I have modified the additionalWsDisc.props file on the CMS, removing all ports that were in the redundant links(1311,3202, 3257, etc),  then deleted the  managed node from the database, restart HPSIM service and discover the node again, and now it looks better. Only one link, with 443 port. 

Is this a good approach?