1753300 Members
7387 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM - rebuilding the server

Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM - rebuilding the server

Hi, I need to rebuild my SIM v5 sp5 server. It has about 400 servers in it, call trusting by certificate. Once the server is rebuilt, is there a way to push out a new cert to all those servers, or do I need to go into the SMH and connect to the new SIM to get the new cert.

In our test environment, I tried exporting the cert before rebuilding and then importing, but of course that did not work.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I had a similar task recently and I got around the certificate issue in the following way.
This does rely on having a common domain account or similar as it uses the Deploy PSP option from HPSIM.
When the Server has been rebuilt export the certificate from the new server.
From the VCRM, reconfigure the Management Agent and use the new certifcate - generally just a cut and paste.
Now the fun bit.
From the VCRM Create a new Custom Baseline and include only the Management Agent you've updated above.
From HPSIM, goto Deploy and select the Proliant Support Pack Install, at the appropriate point select the Custom Baseline that just has the SMH Agent.
Also ensure the Overwrite buton is checked as you want to update those versions that are current.
Deploy to all of your Servers.
This shouldn't need a reboot for the SMH.
Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

Rob, thanks for the response, sounds like this is what I need. How though, when creating the Custom Baseline, do I specify the certificate to deploy? When I choose to do a custom baseline, near the end all I get to choose is Support Paqs I have uploaded. So I assume I locate that support paq, make the change in that support paq, then during custom baseline, I choose THAT support paq, delete out all the items I do not need...except which one, the System Management Home Page for that support paq?

The shorter version of this question, is in a support paq, which item is it that I dont delete, that contains the certificate?
Thanks.
Jeff
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

The "Configure or Repair Agents" task can be used to push out your new server certificate to all your managed nodes.