Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748259 Members
3963 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM reporting "A network interface has failed or redundancy has been lost"

jloberle
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP SIM reporting "A network interface has failed or redundancy has been lost"

Does anyone know if there is a way to script this. We have over a 100 host and this will take forever to do manually.

TODD SMITH
Visitor

Re: HP SIM reporting "A network interface has failed or redundancy has been lost"

You can get Insight to ignore ESX disable devices, its easy,

In Insight Select the ESX server, Under tools & Links, Select "WBEM Health Inclusion Status"

On the "WBEM Health Inclusion Status" screen select the devices that you want to ignore then click ignore status.

You may not see a change for up to 11 mins or so. Works Great but you have to do this on each ESX Server.

Just remember is you so the ignore devices, come back and select and click the include status. 

Best of Luck

EMEASupport
Frequent Visitor

We simply add loopback adapters to any unused NICs - would this not be a solution?

rob_m
Occasional Visitor

Does anyone have a solution with this issue on Linux servers?  I don't have the loopback plugs.

woby
Advisor

@MariusGillesen wrote:

I have only seen a workaround for "hiding" the unused NIC in ESXi4.1

1. Go to the ESXi host in VSphere

2. Select the Configuration tab

3. Go to Advanced Settings

4. Edit the settings and mark the unused NIC(s) for passthrough.

5. reboot the ESXi host.

This gets rid of the degraded messages and I have not seen any negative affect on our 30+ node ESXi cluster.

Not been able to test on ESXi 5, since we are a few weeks away from deploying that on HP blades.

very helpfull answer, safed me some time, thank you :)

Mike83

Hello@all,

anyone got a solution for ESX 4.1 (not ESXi), except the loopback adapter stuff.

I have installed "HP Management Agents for VMware ESX 4.x Only, 9.1.0a" and i dont have the "WBEM Health Inclusion Status" option in HPSIM (v 7.3.).

regards

Mike

Rodd Masteller
Advisor

From selected ESXi host:

- Tools menu

- Configuration Tool

- ESXi Component Status

This works for me in SIM 7.3!  Thanks!

The following takes you to the same place.

From selected ESXi host:

- Tools & Links tab

- Under heading of "HP Systems Insight Manager Pages" click on "WBEM Health Inclusion Status"