3595 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM - smartcomponents

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

HP SIM - smartcomponents

Hi All,

To manage a device (HP - server/storage/networking device) using HP SIM, i guess i need to manually download & install smartcomponents on every device i want under HP SIM monitoring, before i run discovery

If i'm correct then What ALL smartcomonents (i.e. agents in layman language) i need to install on a particular system AND from where i can download the recent smartcomponents?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

CRA (Configure Repair Agent) does the job in HPSIM. It uses HPSUM to do so.

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

Ok. That’s great! I believe from "Configure & Repair Agent" option one would be able to push all required smart components (agents) on the discovered devices

Could you also please assist if one wants to download smart components (agents) for a managed device then what is the path to download the same?

Regards
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

Most of the required Smartcomponent are bundled with HPSIM. In case you want to setup the Repo. download SPP / PSP.

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

I checked the path: C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\smartcomponents

There i can see a list of .exe files, i assume that these are the smartcomponents you are talking about....

Do I need to manually install every such smartcomponents listed on this path to every device I want to monitor?

Or

Using 'Configure and Repair Agents' option will install ALL the required agents on the systems discovered using discovery task?

Could you please assist how one should approach (Manual install/Push install from HP SIM console/steps) while installing agents (smartcomponents) assuming the infrastructure is having all possible supported devices (servers/storage/networking products) that needs to be monitored using HP SIM from scratch

Regards

Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

same as above, CRA does the job.

\T Bajpai
HP Employee