Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753519 Members
3655 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM task creation

Fred Solinsky

HP SIM task creation

How do I "Create a task" that will issue a daily report on Target System=Servers above 85%?(Logical Disk Drives)that includes;System Name,Description,Total Size(MB),Used(MB)and Percentage Used (86%-99%). Or is there another approach through HP SIM to run a daily report automatically? I am New to HP SIM and would appreciate some professional advice. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

The answer to your first question is...well it cannot be done by HP SIM for now...

Now, regarding some parts of your questions:
1/automating daily report creation ? see attached doc.

2/the best you will get is :
the report will gather :(Logical Disk Drives infos)that includes;System Name,Description,Total Size(MB),Used(MB)and Percentage Used (86%-99%).But it will take all the logical infos, not necessarily the high usage ones...

Hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Fred Solinsky

Fred, Thanks a million! I will try this work around.
Fred Solinsky

Fred, One last question, We are using an older version of HP SIM (3.?) anyway, will this work around still function or do we need to upgrade to 5.2? Thanks, Fred (nice name).
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

HP SIM started with the 4.x version. I don't recall a 3.x version...

Upgrading to the latest version is always useful for it brings new cool features, bug fixes, and much more...

However, the workaround I gave should also be valid for earlier version as long as the custom command feature is in there, which I think exists from the 1st version.

Concerning the upgrade, I don't think you can move from 4.2 up 5.2 directly...you need to go through 5.x first then 5.2 sp2 (the latest version)

You can also consider a fresh install.

hope it helps

fred

Don't forget to assign points...
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Fred Solinsky

Thanks Fred, I'm sorry I mis-spoke, we have 5.0 and are upgrading to 5.2 next month.