4618 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM upgrade to 7.4 errors

Gusty
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM upgrade to 7.4 errors

Hello,
I've upgraded HP SIM 7.3.0 to 7.4 version. The HotFix 7.3.1 I decided to do not install and use 7.4 version.
I use an Oracle DB installed on another server.

The upgrade process finished successfully but when I started to work with the new version I observed the next malfunctions:

1. Some previous settings were overwritten and set to default, e.g: I disabled (SNMP) Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040) event and (SNMP) Health Status Array Change occurred (11020). Now these traps are enabled.

2. Predefined, user defined collections for systems and events are not filtered correctly, e.g: predefined "Major Systems", "Critical systems",... or my ITAC defined collection, all show me all the systems, or "Old Noisy Events", "Important Events"... or my "Events newer than 30 days" defined collection, all show me all the events.

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

All changes to mibs or mib handeling are reset to default when you update SIM, run a hotfix or just smib update as the mibs get overwritten.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Gusty
Occasional Contributor

After the upgrade process finished I observed that not all mibs files were updated. Then updated to MIB kit version 10.

Anyway, overwritten settings related SNMP traps is not a big problem, because I can ( in fact I already did it ) disable the ones that I want, just as I did before in version 7.3.

The big problem is at point  2.

Predefined, user defined collections for systems and events are not filtered correctly, e.g: predefined "Major Systems", "Critical systems",... or my ITAC defined collection, all show me all the systems, or "Old Noisy Events", "Important Events"... or my "Events newer than 30 days" defined collection, all show me all the events.

Gusty
Occasional Contributor

Could you suggest me the HotFix to use?

I think there is not any available for ver. 7.4.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

The hotfix i mentioned was just to point out if you run these the MIBS get updated. If i read the problems with the 7.4 version i hope there will be either a new version or a hotfix. At this moment i don't see any fix.

Kind regards,

Andrew