108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

HP SIM

When I deploy Proliant Support Packs to the target servers I have to fill in the login details before running the deploy and all works fine. But when I run the deploy of "software and Firmware" and then try and install an agent on to a target server the job fails saying it cannot log in to the local machine (which is where the repository sits). I've noticed the job is running under my domain login. I have created a local account with the same name and password as my domain account on both CMS and local machine and have made both accounts members of the "administrators" group. I have tried logging into CMS with this account but it fails. Can anyone help??
10 REPLIES 10
Szabolcs Petho_1
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: HP SIM

I think in your case the problem is that the installed VCA on the installation target system is not able to login to the VCRM to pull down the update. So I should check the VCRM security settings at the SMH of the VCRM server and check what the SMH log says. VCRM log can also help.

What works:
1.I created a Windows local group on HP SIM server (VCRM is also installed on it)
2.I created and added a local user from the HP SIM server to it
3.I set at the HP SIM SMH/Settings/Security/User Groups/Operator group to include that Windows local group what I have created in step 1.
4.At VCA I use the local user username/password I created in step 2 for accessing the VCRM. (So I use the HP SIM server local user for the authentication.)

The trust relationship between the HP SIM and the agent servers must also exist.

Regards, Szabolcs

(P.S.: next time please give a more informative subject. There is better chance that other people will read your message...)
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

I have managed steps 1, 2 and 3 but where do you change the VCA to use the local username/password. When I run the deploy it is still using my domain account
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

When the deploy fails this is what is in the log:-

The Smart Component file, cp005413.exe, could not be retrieved from the Version Control Repository Manager on server "servername". The download will be retried.

Unable to login to "Servername". The login account or password is invalid.
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Hi Glenn,

You can change the setting at:

https://clientservername:2381/vcagent

and then choose the Change Agent Settings option.
This can then be replicated to other servers using Configure\Replicate Agent Settings on the CMS
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

Thanks craig that seems to have fixed that problem. Am I right in thinking that you have to initally push out the Proliant support pack first as this installs the vca agent and then you deploy the management agents??

I now seem to another problem. I am trying to push out the PSP to a 2003 server (e.g. serverA). I go to deploy --> psp --> choose "serverA" as the target machine fill out the login details and then choose the correct agent and then run the depoly. However when it starts to run it has the CMS as the target machine and then fails after 1 and a half minutes with the following error:-

Initializing...

Unable to connect to the target computer. All available connection methods were attempted with no success.

A possible reason is that the operating system of the target computer is not supported. An unknown error occurred that prevented connection to the target computer.
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

I now seem to have got round the previous problem but when updating the management agent on the target server I am getting the following:-

Name: HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Windows
Server 2003
New Version: 7.40.0.0

Beginning Silent Session...

The software is installed but is not up to date.

Current Version: 7.10.0.0

- the component will be updated to the new version

There was an error installing the following INF Section:
.\cqmghost\cqmghost.inf - [DefaultInstall]

.\cqmgnics\cpqnimgt.inf - [DefaultInstall]

.\cqmgstor\cqmgstor.inf - [DefaultInstall]

.\cqmgserv\cqmgserv.inf - [DefaultInstall]

The operation was not successful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
End Session
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Hiya,

The management agents are also installed with the PSP.

I've noticed that the target server shows the CMS too though instead of the client it's trying to install the software onto, I'm not sure why this is. From the few times I've tried it, it looks like it +is+ installing on the client, but only reporting the target as the CMS but maybe someone else could shed more light on this?

The way I tend to install software is using the setup.exe from within the repository - I've extracted each PSP to seperate folders, and use this to push out the updates. Each component there is configurable with the same options as using the CMS.

Probably not the most convenient way to do this to many servers though..

c~
Szabolcs Petho_1
Regular Advisor

I looked for the following in the Forum Search: DefaultInstall cqmghost.inf

And found a possible solution:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=959220
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

I found the problem was that the VCA login details on the target machine were different to the CMS login. The problem seems to be lots of servers with different versions of management agents and various logins and passwords.

I have found that after I have pushed out the Proliant Support Pack all it is installing on the target machines is VCA and Diagnostics I am then having to run another deploy to push out the other agents. I am using on directory c:\repository which has all the agents (extracted from the psp) in it.