1747984 Members
4381 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SUM / SPP Failed to copy self-inventory xml files

ccoho
Advisor

HP SUM / SPP Failed to copy self-inventory xml files

I just downloaded the newest Gen9 SPP and when I try to inventory most of my servers remotely using the smart update manager (version 8 comes in the SPP) I get the error "Failed to copy Inventory/selfInventory xml files to host machine from remote node"

If I go on the remote server and look at the sum logs, it shows "Node localhost is up to date, no updates were needed or nothing was installed before exiting. "  But I know this is incorrect, there are updates in the SPP that are not installed on the server.

If I load up a previous SPP with an older 7.x SUM it will inventory fine (but show in the web interface that the server is up to date as I'd run that SPP months ago).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi.

Just got this error aswell. Did you find a solution to it or narrow it down to any specific cause?

Regards
//Cederberg

Marcbis
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I have the same error as you. I found a workaround : right clic on "launch_sum.bat" and select "run as administrator".

I hope this will solve your issue.

Rgds,

Marc.

VinnyWills
HPE Pro

Please check if your account has permission to access remote note or else try using the different account check for any issues with firewall .

Also you can try clearing the temp file by running the file part of the SPP content. 

clean-cache.bat (Windows) and clean-cache.sh (Linux).

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

SrikanthB
HPE Pro

1. Are you running any firewall on the remote node.?

2. Is this from windows -> Linux or Windows -> Windows ?

3. Which SPP version you are using to update? There were two SPP releases with 8.0. One of them had an issue and was recalled. The new iso has the same components, with some faulty components removed. Before the recall, if you had updated the system with the old SPP , then the new iso doesn't have new updates to update the system.

Can you run gatherlogs.bat on the Master node where SUM was started send me the logs? Send me a private message with logs. This script should be available under <spp>/packages directory

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo