Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748156 Members
3845 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Server Management Agents: SNMP or WBEM

Evan Nadeau

I am trying to move towards WMI only system builds and completely leaving off SNMP. We do not have any other need for it. So am can remove approx 5 services from these systems by going to wmi. I do however seem to be having trouble with the WMI providers giving a lot of erros in the event logs. Seems to be an issue with setting up the name spaces correctly. Anyone else having this issue?
shocko
Honored Contributor

What kind of errors?
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Evan Nadeau

This is a fairly common problem it seems from my searching around the internet, but I haven't found any definitive fix for it.

Event filter with query "select * from HP_McSystemEvent" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/WMI" because of error 0x80041010. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

When I look in WMI, I do see other HP namespaces, but not this one. There are several other namespaces that also seem to be missing, that give the same error, just listing a different HP_ namespace.
Chalkie

Did you get a response/fix to this one?

We've been getting them a lot too. The 2 main culprits are the HP_McSystemEvent and the HP_InitCompleteEvent.

The easy fix is to add the event into the WBEM class under root\WMI - follow this set of instructions on the same site.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-Netservers/Application-Event-Error-select-from-hp-mcsystemevent/td-p/2362813

We have Proliant DL 360 G6 predominantly.