1751967 Members
4790 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Sim 6

MarcLemke

Does anyone have an update on When HP SIM 6.0 will be available?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm sure at one point I saw Jan 2010 as the release date, the HPSIM web site now just says Q1 2010. It's certainly not going to be Jan 2010!
Bleeder
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I noticed the changed dates also. No more January 2010 (it's Feb now!). Instead it's 1st Quarter 2010. HP needs to update the Insight Control page, which still says January 2010.
http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPICE
Richard McCarthy_1

OK... It's here!
Bleeder
Frequent Advisor

Sure is. Thanks! Downloading now..
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Has anyone looked at the new settings migration feature? I installed it, but cannot find an icon, installation directory, or option for it in the SIM console. So I am not sure how to "run it". Could not find any information in the Help for it either (searching on "Migration" in Help, only yields information on the P2V software).

Thanks
Nelson
switch
Occasional Advisor

Download the Readme file (http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html).

Once downloaded and you open that PDF file, you will find it is the HP Systems Insight Manager 6.0 User Guide.

Hope you find in that file what you're looking for.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I understand HP are updating the web links so that we'll get access to the 6.0 docs.
Looked at the User Guide and there's nothing in there about how to migrate settings, well not that I could see.
Burhan Malik
Occasional Advisor

Hi Guys,

I was running HP SIM 5.3 SP1 and SQL 2005 on a remote server, I kept getting those java out of memory issue so I placed the following entry in my global.props file "MX_JVM_OPTS=-XX\:PermSize\=128m -XX\:MaxPermSize\=128m -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m"

This time SIM's would run for a day then i would have to restart the service again and i could see those java heap memory errors in mxdomainmgr.exe file.

So I have updated myself to HP SIM 6.0 and now I still see these errors, can someone help?

Ulf Zimmermann
Frequent Advisor

Marc, for 5.3 there was a hotfix for the running out of memory issue. We had the same and didn't experience it after the hotfix.

6.0 so far has not shown issue.