Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752562 Members
4558 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Sim monitoring server temperatures.

Bowtasdw
Advisor

HP Sim monitoring server temperatures.

Hi is it possible to have HP SIM send email notifications when servers reach certain temps? i know they will alert when they reach critical shutdown temps. just wondering if it's possible to have them send temps before it gets thayt far.

4 REPLIES 4
bjp106
Visitor

I am also looking for an answer for this

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can create collections inside HP SIM with a treshold on certain values that get trespassed... Like for instance the temperature... And on that event collection you can create a task to send you a mail...

You can use also any other SNMP tool that can read the SNMP values of the temperature sensors through the ILO and create alert mails based on those ones too...

Used both already at customer sites...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
bjp106
Visitor

Bart,

Would you be able to provide how you set this up (creating collections for temperatures and send email), sort of step by step? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Not at this moment. I migrated my environment to Oneview and my SIM installation is not accurate anymore at this moment. Will try to test it as soon as I have a well configured SIM environment available...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !