Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Sim upgrade to V6.1

mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

HP Sim upgrade to V6.1

Hi,

I recently upgraded from HP Sim 5.3 to 6.1 and now getting some problems.

The problem is that sometimes I am unable to connect to the management web interface. It just says page not displayed error 404.

Event log message says restarting MxDomainManager

Mxdomainmgr log file says:

21 Oct 15:04:00,589 INFO [STDOUT] in MxDefaultUser.getDefaultUser - error retrieving user: java.lang.NullPointerException
21 Oct 15:04:05,011 WARN [URLDeploymentScanner] Scan URL, caught java.io.IOException: Could not list directory 'C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy', reason unknown

I get around this by restarting the hp insight manager service and then I can access the website 5 mins later.

This problem is really doing my head in and my gut says it is related to Jboss somehow.

The account which the HP Sim runs under is a member if the local admin group on the server so I don’t think it has anything to do with permissions on the DB but I could be wrong.

Please can someone help me

3 REPLIES
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Sim upgrade to V6.1

possible attach domainmgr.0.log and 1.log
mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

Log file attached
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

SIM is going down actually because of NO DB connection.
java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): setsockopt and then
java.sql.SQLException: shutting down due to SQL error, no db connections

just check SQL server log for more details if it has some user issue?
are you connected with correct privileged user?
is database remote?
user has sufficient right which you are logged in?

just to start with stop sim service ,try restarting SQL service then run sim lets see if all goew well?