4707 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Software on a Blade

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Software on a Blade

Hi All,
On our Blade Servers the most recent PSP contains HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the x86 QLogic Storport Driver version 1.7.1.2. This will not install and leaves the VCA as yellow.
Looking at the detail, this contains Qlogic driver 9.1.7.17 which seems to be the same driver as version 1.7.1.1.
Amongst the release notes is a section: Removed mezzanine card options from component since this driver is not supported on those cards.
So what should be installed on a BL server. At the moment we're running this.
8 REPLIES 8
Olson_1
Advisor

Re: HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Software on a Blade

same problems here...

any solution yet?
--
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

No - not yet.
Logged a call and really didn't get a satisfactory answer. Support's suggestion was to create a new baseline dropping the driver.
RDPATRICK

I'm also having this same issue, have been for quite a few months. Has there been any resolution on this as of yet?

I have about 7 servers I can't get the update installed on.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You cannot install the update. In the release notes it states that it is not for the Mezzanine cards.
I didn't really manage to get that communicated to HP support, that I wanted to know how it should be correctly removed. There suggestion of creating a separate baseline completely missed the point. I must admit I gave up.
RDPATRICK

Yeah I couldn't get the update that the smh thought it needed to install at all.

Out of a hunch I was able to install cp006501.exe to correct the issue.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It looks like HP are looking at this, just had an update on the call I'd logged. But the news is that a resolution could be some time away. I'll post when I get any updates. For now you just need to either live with the VCA warning or create a new baseline and remove the driver.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

This is solved in PSP 8.30. Got a release to try so it can't be too far away from general release.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Resolved by PSP 8.30.