Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748240 Members
3816 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP System Management Homepag , timeout occurred when while loading data !!!

Michael Schindler
Occasional Advisor

HP System Management Homepag , timeout occurred when while loading data !!!

Hello , i have a big Problem . When I open the System Management Homepage , a Internet Explorer error on side occures and a Message says

"A timeout occurred when while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or imcomplete information. See the HP System Management Homepage log for additional information"

I Reinstall the system Management Homepage , the Server Agents , i deinstall the version Control Repository monitor and the version control Agent , I reinstall the SNMP Service .
But all without a changing .

The Log File in the Homepage is as follow :

ERROR LOG (severity=2)
Sat Aug 12 16:49:16 2006
UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 24s [breakdown: hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 8s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 8s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 8s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

ERROR LOG (severity=2)
Sat Aug 12 16:50:00 2006
UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 24s [breakdown: hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 8s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 8s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 8s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

ERROR LOG (severity=2)
Sat Aug 12 16:50:24 2006

Have anybody a tip for me .
5 REPLIES 5
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

HI,

In my experience whenever I have faced this error

"A timeout occurred when while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or imcomplete information. See the HP System Management Homepage log for additional information"

I have always double checked SNMP settings and its community strings and also Version control agent on the problem host, make sure it is pointing to a valid Version control repository manager.

Checking snmp and VCA have always solved my problems. Hope this helps you too.

Albert
Michael Schindler
Occasional Advisor

Hello again ,

I deinstall the Version Control Agent and the Version Control Rep Monitor .

I check the SNMP Settings .

What are the correct settings for SNMP Service ??

Michael

You'll have to read up on best practice regarding setting SNMP community strings, but the basics are that you need a READ WRITE and a READ ONLY string configured and make sure all the servers that are to be monitired have the same community names (i.e. READ ONLY community should be "yourreadonlyname" on all SNMP based machines etc)
Michael Schindler
Occasional Advisor

Hello again ,
he
Thank you for your help .

I set the SNMP settings new , and i solved the problem.

Thanks

Michael
Mike McTamney

I seem to have resolved this issue by installing the WBEM Providers (which switches the data source for the SMH to WBEM). I no longer get the timeout errors.