1745882 Members
4318 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP System Management Homepage does not start / not bind to port

Dale1

HP System Management Homepage does not start / not bind to port

Hi all,

I recently discovered that on some of our Windows 2003 servers the HP Management Homepage (version 6.1.0.102) doesn't work anymore.

Although the service starts without an error the management homepage doesn't bind to the usual port. I checked this through "netstat -ano | findstr /r 23.1"

I tried to start the homepage from command line and also found a debug swith I could use. This is the error I got:

C:\>C:\hp\hpsmh\bin\hpsmhd.exe -fC:/hp/hpsmh/conf/smhpd.conf -e debug
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module authz_host_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module authz_user_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module alias_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module cgi_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module dir_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module env_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module imagemap_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module log_config_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module mime_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module proxy_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module proxy_connect_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module proxy_http_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module negotiation_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module rewrite_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module setenvif_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module headers_module
[Mon Jun 07 17:18:00 2010] [debug] mod_so.c(246): loaded module ssl_module
hpsmhd.exe: Syntax error on line 48 of C:/hp/hpsmh/conf/smhpd.conf: Cannot load C:/hp/hpsmh/modules/mod_smh_aa.so into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

The mod_smh_aa.so exists. Never the less I copied it from another system with the same smh version and a working management homepage.

I tried to reinstall the management homepage. Versions 6.1.0.102 and 6.0.0.96 always came up with the same problem. A downgrade to version 3.0.2.77 made it work again.

Any ideas what this could be or how to go on with debugging?
13 REPLIES 13
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP System Management Homepage does not start / not bind to port

Is this system a x64 setup ? And, may be you are trying to use 32 bit copy of mod_smh_aa.so.

If that is the case, you can try to run SMH, by taking this binary from any other working x64 system.

Thanks.
Dale1

No, unfortunately that is not the case. The installation is a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition x86 in english. The system from which I already tried to copy the mod_smh_aa.so is the same.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Can you try to uninstall SMH, just to see whether this file is not locked by OS ?

Also, better to remove 'modules' folder, after uninstallation, if that is left behind.

BTW, can you attach smh_installer.log (created in ) ?

Thanks.
Dale1

Still no success ...
I uninstalled hpsmh. The modules folder was gone after uninstall. Still get the same error. Attached you will find the smh_installer.log
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Observed that, since mod_smh_aa.so depends upon some of the other 'modules' this problem might be there because of this dependency. We get similar error message, even if the actual problem lies in some other module, like mod_smh_config.so & mod_snh_bc.so.

BTW, installer log is not showing any installation issue.

Thanks.
Kekskr├╝mel
Advisor

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

Also the

hpsmhd.exe: Syntax error on line 48 of C:/hp/hpsmh/conf/smhpd.conf: Cannot load C:/hp/hpsmh/modules/mod_smh_aa.so into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

The mod_smh_aa.so exists. Never the less I copied it from another system with the same smh version and a working management homepage.

message, but I also get this message on a working system.

Downgrade to 3.x Version and the SMH works fine.

With all 6.x Version the SMH doesn't work.

This happened from one of the other day, without any software changes and only affect 29 from 63 Server.

Any Ideas ?

Thx

Greetings
Dale1

Hi Kekskr├Г┬╝mel,

I didn't solve the problem but I figured out that a software component is responsible for this behaviour.
After the installation of Matrix 42 - Empirum Console (Software deployment) the HP Management Homepage stops working.

Hope this information helps you finding a solution.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

i've tried the lastest version of the homepage available today, and I'm still having this issue on several servers (but not all). Anyone find a fix for this?
mpullem

Are there any new information available? The problem still exsist. How can I find out what happend with these servers?