Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752692 Members
5593 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP System Management Homepage service can not start after installing cp010944

Benzlee

HP System Management Homepage service can not start after installing cp010944

I have just upgraded the System Management Homepage software (cp010944) on a Windows 2003 server to v6.0.096. However after the install the HP System Management Homepage service will not start. Error is 'Could not start the HP System Management Homepage service on Local Computer. Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'
This server has .NET Framework 2.0 installed. I have installed cp010944 on another server (same O/S etc) without any issues. I need to install cp010944 on multiple servers and would like to resolve this issue before i proceed.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP System Management Homepage service can not start after installing cp010944

You can verify the binary smhstart.exe, corresponds to this service, at :\hp\hpsmh\bin.

Also look for some anomalies in the same area, by comparing with that of the working setup.

Thanks.
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Can you see the add/remove programs for the presence of "microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable" (This gets installed when you try to install System Management homepage) This is required for the SMH service to come up. This will work perfectly with service pack 2 for w2k3. Hope your machine is also SP2.

Thnx
predator