5371 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager Error

Rob_171
Frequent Advisor

HP Systems Insight Manager Error

Hello,

I am receiving the following error in Event Viewer about every 45 seconds to 1 minute:

com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler' com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

After some Google searches I've been pointed to the database.props file located in C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\Config. I can see the username listed at the bottom.

I'm trying to figure out how I can fix this so that I don't keep receiving this message. Also, mxdomainmgr.exe keeps restarting when this happens causing a slowdown on the server. How can I verify the username/password that the database is looking for? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

few questions:
did u change your DB password?
SIM version?
Is it an upgrade?

If u think you need to add password again or modify then you can use "mxpassword -g" to modify MxDBuserpasswrd.

Thanks, Ajay
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

did u get something ahead?
Brian J Hegarty

Rob,

Did you ever find out the solution to your problem caus i am having the same one. Your help would be much appreciated
Rob_171
Frequent Advisor

Yes, we found the problem. It was using the wrong username in the database.props file. Once we changed it to match the service's username the problem went away.