108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager Reports Duplicates Entries

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brad Keyes
Advisor

HP Systems Insight Manager Reports Duplicates Entries

When I run the "Logical Disk Drives - Servers" report, it shows duplicate entries for some servers, specifically those that I have made some change in the logical drive. Is there a way to override or change this so that only the current logical drive stats are reported?

Thanx in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Can you post a sample?
Brad Keyes
Advisor

Screen dump of report is attached.
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hi Brad,

I started a similar posting about redundant information in HPSIM reports, and David advised that it was due to HPSIM pulling information via both SNMP and WMI. I never did get it working properly, though. The link to the thread is below.

Good luck,
- Steve

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=651099
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

At first blush it doesn't look like the duplicate WMI/SNMP problem because the amount used is different between the two c: partitions and the i: partitions. If the alternate source were WMI, they would basically be the same save for rounding errors.

Is it possible that you have historical collecting on and you requested a comparison report?

If not, I'd suggest opening a case with customer services.
Brad Keyes
Advisor

David: Thanx for your reply. I'm sort of new at this, so please excuse my ignorance.

How do I check if "historical reporting" is on or where do I make the selection for a "comparison report"?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you're asking, you didn't do it. :)

When you created the report, you would have to have selected 2 different time snapshots.

Get with Customer Services. Note the support for HP SIM has changed to the 1-800-HP-INVENT line. There is a split for ProLiant Essentials and Insight Manager...
Brad Keyes
Advisor

Not enabling WBEM seems to fix it.