Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748089 Members
4855 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager installer says this program cannot display the webpage

kheller2
Frequent Advisor

HP Systems Insight Manager installer says this program cannot display the webpage

The title says it all. I have a Win2k8 R2 SP1 box with all the requirements satisfied per the preinstaller and when I actually go to install SIM, instead of getting an installation screen, I get that. The title bar is "HP systems insight manager installer" and the blue HP logo bar says "HP systems insight manager" but the body of the window is a standard IE "this program cannot display the webpage".

Keep in mind I'm familiar with SIM, but not Win2k8. I'm a Linux guy.

Ideas?
20 REPLIES 20
egartexas
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager installer says this program cannot display the webpage

could you please send screen capture
bundalov
Advisor

I am getting the same error.
I did everything right, all requirements are satisfied but for some reason I am getting this error like I am not connected to the Internet (this program cannot display the webpage).
Is this problem with FTP or IIS???
But if there is a problem with these services why Insight Software Advisor told me that everything is OK...

I have attached the error so you can see it...

Vladimir
bundalov
Advisor

I found out what was the problem: Internet Explorer 9 hahaha
I downloaded all the updates so IE9 was installed.
After I uninstalled IE9 and tried again the installation, it was OK...

Uninstall IE9 mate. The thing is that in pre-requisites there is stated 'Internet Explorer 7 or above'. HP should fix that.

Vladimir
kheller2
Frequent Advisor

I'm guessing I can't downgrade IE9 to IE8?
tiber

OK the fix to this is to go to IE8 but NOT with the social.microsoft.com fix people have been passing around.

Hop into Windows Update, click on INSTALLED UPDATES, find "Internet Explorer Version 9", click UNINSTALL.

It's incredibly counter-intuitive. If you disable it through add/remove programs or the command line it uninstalls IE part and parcel. If you uninstall the update then IE8 will do The Right Thing.
epalmer850

I have a new install of Windows Server 2008 R2 and it includes Internet Explorer 9├в there is no uninstall. So SIM 6.3 still is not compatible with IE9?
Ryan-B

Add another to the list of users experiencing this problem. Installing sim 6.3 (current) and it's not compatible with IE 9. Awesome.
UrlWilliams

Yet another case of a failed install due to IE9. This should turn up on Google searches as the resolution...

jaredhallen
Occasional Visitor

Uninstalling IE9 worked for me. Thanks!