1748131 Members
3676 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Management Homepage and Secure Path

Cynthia Phalen
Occasional Contributor

HP Systems Management Homepage and Secure Path

I installed Secure Path on a Windows 2003 SP1 server and when I log into the Systems Managemenet Homepage there is no link to Secure Path Manger under Other Agents as I would expect there to be. Has anyone run into this issue? It was suggested to me to re-install Secure Path on the server, but I would like to avoid this if possible. Any thouhts?
4 REPLIES 4
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

This Customer Advisory should explain what you are seeing:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_OS050420_CW01&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Good Luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Cynthia Phalen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response, but the article does not apply since we are not using Smart Start nor are we installing the System Management Homepage via Smart Start. We are installing the System Management Homepage via SSD Version 7.40b. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

If you are using the System Mangement Homepage version 2.0 or later then you will have this problem as described in the CA. It has nothing to do with using SmartStart. It has to do with the fact that certain versions of Secure Path were not compatible with SMH 2.0 and later.

-Rich
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the team that wrote the CA could have been more clear. The initial release of SMH 2.0 was in the SmartStart PSP version 7.20. They should have just referenced the SMH version instead.

-Rich