New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Management Homepage - timeout errors after update to 8.60

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

HP Systems Management Homepage - timeout errors after update to 8.60

Hi,

since the latest update of the HP Insight Management Agents from 8.30 to 8.60 for Windows Server 2003 I get the error (on ALL updated W2K3-Servers!) "A timeout occured while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information." The SMH then opens but only shows the "Network"-Tab - no system model, no Management-Processor, no Data Source, no information from the other Agents. HP SMH has version 6.2.1.14.

The HP System Management Homepage-Log shows as additional information:

MAJOR 9/30/2010 2:23:36 PM
UI Webapps Loading Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 20s [Webapp-List: dataprotection;HP Insight Diagnostics;hpwbem;WBEMNetwork;WBEMServer;WBEMStorage;vcagent]

I checked SNMP-configuration (RW for the SNMP Community, localhost and the SIM-Server allowed), reinstalled SNMP and the Agents several times, reinstalled SMH, restarted server and services several times, tested SNMP-Traps through the "SNMP-Test-Trap" in the Agent-Setup... No change.

What can I do to get the SMH up and running again?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Marco
19 REPLIES 19
Pete2010
Frequent Advisor

This happens to me also, with SMH ver. 6.2.1.14 also have VCA 6.2.0.860 and WBEM ver. 2.7.0, all on the console too. (Windows server 2003 sp2 x86 SIM 5.3 sp1 w/hotfixes) BTW this happens on the CMS too. VCRM 6.0.0.840
Daveran
Solution

Try to install older version of Insight Management WBEM providers. It helped me (from 2.7.0.0 to 2.6.1.0. or 2.6.0.0).
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Hi Daveran, you are right!!
Downgrading the WBEM providers from 2.7.0.0 to 2.6.0.0 fixed the problem! Thanks!

@HP - I think you should review this issue and provide a fix!
jstalzer

I'm having the same issue. Is this something that I'll need to do to all of my servers?
What's the proper steps to make the changes to all my servers?

Thanks,
geffry_1

We also experience the same issue after update to 8.60. other user suggested to install older version WBEM providers 2.6.1.0, which we did and result is the same.

UI Webapps Loading Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 20s [Webapp-List: dataprotection;HP Insight Diagnostics;hpwbem;WBEMNetwork;WBEMServer;WBEMStorage;vcagent;vcrepository;pmptools]

Does anyone have solution or recommendation for this issue? Should I just uninstall and reinstall the complete HP insight manager,etc..
Daveran

Just uninstall your current version of Insight Management WBEM providers and install working version (see my previous post). It should help.
geffry_1

I resolved the issue after an hour of troubleshooting, its unrelated to WBEM and I might reinstall version 2.7.0 but since its working ~ will leave as is.

It appears the older version of HP Support Pack for HP system management homepages is default to localhost https://localhost:2381 but after we upgraded to HP SP 8.60 this default homepages no longer working. If I changed to hostname or local IP address it working like charm https://yourservername:2381 you will also notice the icon is different. I am sure every case might be different. We upgraded our HP servers from 8.1 to 8.6 recently.
Victor G
Advisor

I had this problem with an older version.

In the SNMP service properties of the server in question I added entry "localhost" to the "Accept SNMP packets from these hosts" under the "Security" tab
jstalzer

I tried connecting to my HP management homepage using the hostname and IP. Also checked my SNMP setting to make sure ├в localhost├в was added to the ├в security ├в tab.
Local host was there and I still get a timeout weather I use the hostname or IP when connecting to the HPMH.