108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Management Homepage - timeout errors after update to 8.60

SOLVED
Go to solution
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Increase the timeout of SMH to atleast 60 secs to avoid most of Timeout issues.
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

If _EVERYONE_ is seeing timeouts/VCA plugin not appearing on SMH after upgrade to VCA 6.2.0.860, and HP standard answer is "increase timeout to 60s" how come they don't just set the initial timeout value to 60s in the latest version of SMH???

We have 600+ servers that we'll need to upgrade manually SMH settings on manually. I don't suppose HP will provide a free monkey that could do it for us?

Thanks again, HP...
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

>We have 600+ servers that we'll need to >upgrade manually SMH settings on manually.

you can use HPSIM's Replicate agent settings task to change the SMH settings of all 600 servers in few sec.

or

you can create the batch job with following command to set smh timeout value

smhconfig ├в B|--ui-timeout[=] 60
shocko
Honored Contributor

Yes, the VCA is very handy but is very unreliable. I have all my servers at PSP 8.60 and most of them do not display VCA link on the SMH. if you set the timeout to 60s you have to wait 60s for each link you click on if VCA isn't respsonding!
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

I encountered this issue on a Proliant DL380 G3 today that was updated this past weekend and found this thread as part of my investigation to see if it's related to a particular server model (ie. the updates work on our other newer servers).

This isn't a VCA problem though & you can check that by simply appending vcagent to the SMH URL - bingo, the VCA loads normally!

In fact, all the agents etc. appear to be working properly as restarting the services is triggering traps to our HPSIM server because one SCSI HDD in this server is in a predictive failure state.

I also attempted re-install of latest SMH version 6.2.1.14 however problem persists.

I checked the SNMP sections & that is correct (ie. Read Only & Read Create entries defined).

I did note in the SMH that there is no Data Source defined (this normally says SNMP or WBEM) so I went to the Settings ├В┬╗ Select SMH Data Source ├В┬╗ Select to change this to SNMP. Bingo, the SMH now properly shows all of the sub-components after saving this change & closing/restarting the SMH.

I just tested changing this back to WBEM and the Data Source in SMH goes back to being empty & the SMH sub-components are missing again. This seems to indicate that there is a problem with the WBEM 2.7.0.0 update in some way (strange because it's working on our other servers).

So in the mean time, a workaround appears to be to set Data Source to SNMP.
Jetstream

I concur with Ralph. Seems that on some servers (yet to determine the model) I have to change the data source to SNMP but on others WBEM seems to work OK with an increased timeout.

I also discovered if I upgrade both SMH & VCA to the latest versions with WBEM 2.7 I need to ensure that the VCA can reach the configured VCRM correctly before trying to run SMH otherwise the VCA causes the timeout issues people are seeing.

I hope HP get their stuff together with the next version of WBEM as I've been on a steep learning curve with HP SIM etc and these timeout issues have been driving me mad. I think I now have a reasonable workaround until WBEM is sorted out.

Cheers!
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

FYI,

Today's observations, my above noted DL 360 G3 is now updated to latest HP software including:
IMA 8.70
SMH 6.3.0.22
WBEM 2.8.0.0
VCA 6.3.0.870

If data source is WBEM, the SMH continues to show unknown for System Model & Mgmt Processor. Data Source is blank. The sub selections available now include:
Network - HP Network Team
Storage - IDE & Smart Array controller links
Version Control - VCA & VCRM links
Operating System - Storage Volume Mgmt

Changing data source back to SNMP restores all the other sub-components that you would expect to find when using SMH & the System Model, Mgmt Processor & Data Source become properly populated again.

YMMV
Contoso
Occasional Visitor

I had the same problem and it was solved after changing the accept smp packets in the security tab of the snmp service to 127.0.0.1 and also in trap tab changing the values to 127.0.0.1

after that, i was able to open SMH and after that, i was able to change the data source from wbem to snmp. All Done. It works...

Elite68
Occasional Visitor

This actually fixed my issue. Thanks.
PBurton

WBEM 2.6.0.0 fixed my problem.

I had the same issue on a ML350 G4p running Windows Server 2008 R2. I had WBEM 2.8.0.0 installed and the System Management Homepage would timeout and not display anything. I'm not sure if you have to stop the HP System Management Homepage service, but I did just in case. I stopped the service, went into the Control Panel into Programs and Features, and uninstalled the existing WBEM Providers. Then I installed the 2.6.0.0 WBEM providers found here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3279707&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_bdcc695b1eb94a44bf56ebd96b%257CswEnvOID%253D4024%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig...

The filename is: cp012201.exe

After installing the 2.6.0.0 WBEM Providers I started the HP System Management Homepage service again and now it populates it with all of the information.

Thanks Marco Gubitzer