6213 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP VMM trial license expired

Jay Crump GP
Occasional Advisor

HP VMM trial license expired

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 6 server flexible license for VMM to replace my 60 day trial for 5 server flexible license.

I can't seem to figure out how to remove the old license from each server now. The new licenses I've deployed via SIM are on the servers, but so are the expired trial licenses. This is making it so that I cannot use the valid licenses.

Help.
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You shouldn't need to, just deploying the license should do it.

What is the error you're getting?

From HPSIM if you go to Deploy -> License Manager -> Collect Keys and select all of the VM Host server the report should indicate the two keys deployed to each server.

Mine shows both keys and works fine.
Jay Crump GP
Occasional Advisor

Not an error so much as inability to use any of the VMM features on hosts I know have valid keys now.

If you look in the explorer pane on lefthand side, the VMHosts that have valid licenses should show up in bold print with + signs beside them.

Hosts that do have valid licenses (half of my 6) don't show up in bold. I will run another 'Identify System' on the 3 that are looking flaky and report back any changes.

Thanks for the reply.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Try running a Data Collection task against the Host rather than just the Identify.

Not too sure why this makes a difference but it seems to.
Jay Crump GP
Occasional Advisor

Cool...will do.

Thanks again. Kicking one off now (FWIW, the 'identify' didn't change the status of the flaky VMHosts).

I'll post results.
Jay Crump GP
Occasional Advisor

Ahem. I love when one problem uncovers another. I am getting the following when trying to run a data collection:

An error occurred connecting to this system with the WBEM protocol.

Moderator, please leave this thread open. I will tend to the WBEM issue myself and revisit with results posted after a successful Data Collection.

Thanks for your help thus far Rob.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I set the WBEM specifically for the VM Host Servers rather than use the Global WBEM settings.
That seems to work okay here.