Re: HP Version Control issues after upgrade from version 7.2.2.0 to 7.3.0.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

So I've updated our VCRM to 7.3 now and the issue is the same:

VCA 7.2 to VCRM 7.3 is OK

VCA 7.3 to VCRM 7.2 or 7.3 is Not OK! (Firmware & BIOS is missing in the list of installed components)

I'm going to open a support case at HP.

Regards,

MDDunn
Occasional Advisor

I am also experiencing the missing BIOS and Firmware issue after updating VCRM to 7.3.

Downgrading 7.3 to 7.2 results in the following error: The specified repository, <server name>, is invalid or not reachable. However, BIOS/Firmware versions show in VCA.

Running SMH 7.3 and VCA 7.3 results in lack of BIOS/Firmware versions.

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

@MDDunn wrote:

Downgrading 7.3 to 7.2 results in the following error: The specified repository, <server name>, is invalid or not reachable.

This could be due to the rebuild of the VCRM after installation. Wait 1-2 hours and it should be back up running again...

regards,

MDDunn
Occasional Advisor

@SwisspostIT wrote:

@MDDunn wrote:

Downgrading 7.3 to 7.2 results in the following error: The specified repository, <server name>, is invalid or not reachable.

This could be due to the rebuild of the VCRM after installation. Wait 1-2 hours and it should be back up running again...

regards,

Thanks for the suggestion, Ville, but VCRM was actually upgraded a couple weeks ago on the SIM server, so I suspect this is a different issue.

waaronb
Respected Contributor

It's definitely a bug in VCRM / VCA version 7.3. I've just been fussing more with the missing firmware/BIOS info in VCA and it's just not showing anything. I tried swapping my SMH between snmp and wbem for data collection and it doesn't matter, the firmware is just plain missing either way.

In our case as well, our VCRM has been up and running for a couple weeks and it's definitely not rebuilding/verifying the catalog... trust me, I know when that's happening because each time it does that, it bugs the heck out of me. Reading one file at a time, pokey slow. Just cache the data, okay? Only re-read and extract the info from the EXE if it's actually different... how hard is that?
SauliusB
Advisor

I've got answer form HP TS regarding HP VCA 7.2.2.0 working with HP VCRM 7.3.0.0

I did not got full answer of root cause of this issue but form provided command I suspect that it is is realted with SSL Cipher configuration.

For me these commands solved th issue.

Please try run follwing commands on server with HP VCRM 7.3.0.0:

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -Z ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:!EXPORT40:DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5:RC4-SHA:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-SSLv2:+EXP:!LOW:!eNULL:!aNULL

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -r

For me these commands solved the issue.

shark001
Occasional Visitor

The command above saved my day! I was looking for this problem since days, thanks a lot.

What in detail is this command exactly doing?

MDDunn
Occasional Advisor

This also resolved the issue for me. Seems that it will be best to downgrade the few systems I upgraded to VCA 7.3.

Thanks, SauliusB!

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

are the firmware components listed again in the "installed software" list on VCA 7.3 after executing these commands?

Regards,

MDDunn
Occasional Advisor

@SwisspostIT wrote:

Hi, 

are the firmware components listed again in the "installed software" list on VCA 7.3 after executing these commands?

Regards,

Hi Ville - No, I am only seeing the firmware versions on my servers running VCA 7.2. This fix seems to address the communication issue between VCA 7.2 and VCRM 7.3