Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753819 Members
8239 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP XP Disk Array configuration on HP SIM?

Paul Moyne
Occasional Contributor

HP XP Disk Array configuration on HP SIM?

Hello,

IтАЩm having problems integrating our HP XP Disk Arrays (XP12000тАЩs for the moment) into HP SIM (v5 SP5) using SMI-S.

I currently have Command View 2.2b installed on a Windows 2003 machine along with its SMI-S provider. The тАЬhp StorageWorks SMI-S CIMONтАЭ service is running and SSL has been disabled as verified in the тАЬcimom.startтАЭ file.

I have confirmed that SMI-S works between SIM and CV by using тАЬWbemDisco.cmdтАЭ found in тАЬC:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\тАЭ. It reports back the XP serial number of the array managed by CV.

HP SIM has successfully discovered the arrays and are listed in the тАЬAll Storage ArraysтАЭ section.

However, after clicking on an array and viewing System Page, the details in тАЬPortsтАЭ, тАЬStorage VolumesтАЭ, and тАЬCapacity InformationтАЭ are missing. Is this normal? IтАЩm assured from a reliable HP source that I should be able to see all the ports on an array, as well as volumes and capacity. Have I misconfigured something somewhere?

Many thanks for your help,
Paul.
3 REPLIES 3
Robert Luessi
Frequent Advisor

Paul,

you have to run a Data Collection for the systems. there should be a link on to of the Tables (Ports, Storage Volumes and Capacity Information) called "Last Update" click on the link and run data collection.

Robert
Paul Moyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

I forgot to mention that I've tried to run a data collection from the "Last Update" link but the task fails with the following error under Stdout:

"An unexpected general error occurred during data collection. Data may be incomplete."

Is there a log file that gives any more information because the message isn't particularly helpful? :)

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem and I have tried everything.

Can somebody help us?

Thanks a lot