New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP insight Management Agent

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dominique_10
Advisor

HP insight Management Agent

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the HP Insight Management Agents on our servers...

When I run the inventory using Microsoft System Center Configruation Manager 2007 I found out there are several Agents and several location for them:

Hardware Inventory collects:

HP Insight Management Agents

Software Inventory collects:

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2000/Windows Server 2003 Package

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 Package

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server Package

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions Package

I found several of these agents installed on the same server... what is the differences between these agents?

What are the current version of these agents if multipels?

Should we keep several Agent on the same server?

E.G.: Very often the folowing two agents are installed on a unique server:

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package

one is in the Add/Remove Program and on the drives ("C:\Windows\System32\CpqMgmt\cqmgserv") -

(HP Insight Management Agents) and the other one (HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package) is on the drives... They have also different versions one could be 9.10.0.0 and the other one 9.20.0.0... what are their roles? which one is giving the version of the products? Which one(s) should be updated?

What is exactly the infrastructure for these agenst?

Thanks,
Dom

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

The insight management agent is a piece of software that is used to collect Hp system information to be showed in the System Managent Homepage and this set together with the systems SNMP stack files shows you insight in the system health. There should be only one version installed for Windows 2003/2008 or Windows 2012 in a 32 or 64 bits version dependentie on your os. There are also agents for Linux variations, esx and even open vms. Depending on the Age of the hardware you can install the latest supported version for your hardware. You can fond these agent on the HP website, ne sure to select your hardware type and the latest for that hardware should work just fine.

Most people use HP SIM for managing the servers but you can use any software that Will read the evenlog of your servers. The advantage to using sim that you can manage configure and deploy the software. Your can also use Hp Sum for deployment.

There also is a new piece of software that will replace sim called Hp oneview.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Dominique_10
Advisor

Thank you for these information.

but how I have two items on the same machines:

HP Insight Management Agents: 9.30.0.0

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package 9.10.0.0

I have some machine:

HP Insight Management Agents: 9.30.0.0

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server Package 10.20.0.0

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package 10.20.0.0

I have on another machine:

HP Oneview SCOM Integration Kit 2.1.6

For HP Oneview is it HP Oneview SCOM Integration Kit 2.1.6 the replacement of HP Insight Management Agent?

Thanks,

Dom

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I would uninstall all the agents, then install the WBEM agent. Don't install the management agents as the WBEM agent replaces this bundle by one agent and the WBEM version is the one HP Will support and WBEM is more secure.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Dominique_10
Advisor

Hello,

Apparently the WBEM Agent is also installed...

let me know what you think?

Any automatic uninstallation for all old versions?

Whioch version should be installed?

see attachment

Also I did a quick review of our inventory I have

HPE Insight Management WBEM Providers for Microsoft┬о Windows┬о   

Thanks,

DOm

Dominique_10
Advisor

Hello,

When you said Uninstall all the agents which one(s) do you include in "all"?

Insight Management Agent(s) whatever version ? Does HP provide a tool to do so? Should I run a msiexec /x with some information from HP? GUID? msi name?

Thanks

Dom

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I would only install the latest agent that supports your hardware. The strange thing is i would think a beweren version of the agent would overwrite any older version. I would recommend uninstalling all SNMP agents and only install the latest WBEM agent that supports your hardware. You might have older hardware that is not supported by the latest WBEM agent.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Dominique_10
Advisor

Hello,

For sure I have old hardware:

DELLOE DELLOSE                                                                                                     1
IBM eserver xSeries 346 -[884011U]-                                                             2
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6000 Pro AiO Business PC                         1
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF PC                                          3
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC                                          2
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7800p Ultra-slim Desktop                    1
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One PC                             1
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF                                                 1
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 2570p                                                              1
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 8540w                                                             2
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 8740w                                                             1
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook Folio 9480m                                                 1
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G3                                           2
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM                                                     2
Hewlett-Packard HP EliteOne 800 G1 AiO                                                      4
Dell Inc. OptiPlex 745                                                                                             1
Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 1655MC                                        1
Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 1850                                              2
Dell Inc. PowerEdge 1950                                                                                    8
Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 2650                                              1
Dell Inc. PowerEdge 2900                                                                                    1
Dell Inc. PowerEdge 2950                                                                                  18
Dell Inc. PowerEdge 6950                                                                                    1
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R300                                                                                    6
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R310                                                                                    2
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R510                                                                                    1
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R610                                                                                  11
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R710                                                                                     2
Dell Inc. PowerEdge T110 II                                                                                  1
Dell Inc. PowerEdge T610                                                                                     1
Dell Inc. PowerVault NX3000                                                                               1
Dell Inc. Precision M4700                                                                                       3
HP ProLiant BL460c G1                                                                                        22
HP ProLiant BL460c G6                                                                                          8
HP ProLiant BL460c G7                                                                                       161
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8                                                                                    22
HP ProLiant BL680c G7                                                                                          1
HP ProLiant DL360 G5                                                                                           24
HP ProLiant DL360 G6                                                                                           17
HP ProLiant DL360 G7                                                                                           85
HP ProLiant DL360 Gen9                                                                                        2
HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8                                                                                   47
HP ProLiant DL380 G3                                                                                              1
HP ProLiant DL380 G4                                                                                              7
HP ProLiant DL380 G5                                                                                           11
Hewlett-Packard ProLia nt DL380 G6                                                                4
HP ProLiant DL380 G6                                                                                              7
HP ProLiant DL380 G7                                                                                           31
HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8                                                                                      2
HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8                                                                                   21
HP ProLiant DL560 Gen8                                                                                         1
HP ProLiant DL580 G5                                                                                              3
HP ProLiant DL580 G7                                                                                              1
HP ProLiant DL585 G7                                                                                              1
HP ProLiant ML150 G5                                                                                             3
Intel Corporation S2600IP                                                                                      2
IBM System x3550 M3 -[2805MC5]-                                                                  1
Cisco Systems Inc UCSC-C240-M3S                                                                    1
Microsoft Corporation Virtual Machine                                                           58
VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform                                                        498
Supermicro X8DTU-6+                                                                                             1

and also a patchwork of hardware !!

I will have to check what is the latest version of the HP insight Management WBEM agent and which version it will  support...

Manufacturer, Software, which can of mix could I get...

Thanks,
Dom

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

For the proliant servers i would say everything from a dl 380 G5 and above and bl 460 G1 the latest WBEM agent should work. For desktops and laptops i would use other agents and Dell servers only work limited with the Dell agents wich use SNMP.
Kind regards,

Andrew