4699 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP sim 6.3 I don't receive trap snmp...

jonh1234
Occasional Contributor

HP sim 6.3 I don't receive trap snmp...

Hi,

I have installed HP SIM 6.3 on my network for monitoring my servers (in remote location) when disk, power supply or other is broke.

In my server I have setted my snmp read comunity. The problem is that I discover my servers in SIM console but when I test the send trap sntp by "managment agent" (on the server) the trap don't arrive in "all events" in sim console. So I believe that if this test doesn't work not event the trap when (for example) disk is broke doesn't work...

What I must check?

thank's

Jonhn

2 REPLIES 2
Steve McNutt
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP sim 6.3 I don't receive trap snmp...

Community name mismatch?

Perhaps the ever popular firewall issue (either on the client, server, or both)?

jonh1234
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP sim 6.3 I don't receive trap snmp...

Thank's for your reply.

The comunity name is correct and I'am trying with a server in a same vlan of CMS.

Sim in this moment is working for example detect (in the events,with hardware status polling) when the servers go down.

But in the events I don't look when for example the disk is broke. Is there something that I must check?

Always in the event I read this event:

"The Data Collection task could not complete due to a timeout or the task was stopped by the user. A timeout indicates problems with the instrumentation (SNMP/WBEM/DMI) on the target machine"

but nothing stop the process of collection....

Thank's