HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP sim & ILO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Melmoth
Occasional Visitor

HP sim & ILO

Hello,
I'm configuring HP SIM, and alerts from ILO give "failed" status, effectively ILO are not connected and I won't connect it. I just want to disable that kind of alert on the server.
I already tried a few method, and no one are working.

I'm using Systems Insight Manager 5.3
4 REPLIES
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: HP sim & ILO

I'ts related on OS where Insight Agents installed.

For example on Windows Servers you need to go to Control panel -> Insight Agents and remove "Remote Insight Information" from Active agents. Then restart agents
Melmoth
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, your technic works,
but I've got to do it on 100 servers.
I've find a script to disable iLO, but I don't know how to use it on several servers at the same time...

heres is the technic

open cmd
go to the location of hponcfg

and then:

hponcfg.exe /f nic_disable.xml

and nic_disable.xml is like this:

Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

It is possible to create custom tool in SIM and run it on all servers, but OpenSSH must be configured and trusted. Also you'll need to additionally deploy xml file on server. So may be it is not best idea to do it via SIM

May be you are also using HP Operations Manager? Or servers are domain members, so you can launch script through Group Policy
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Not using iLO is like not using the AC/heater in a car you've purchased--you've paid for it anyway. If you don't want the added expense of switch ports for connection to iLO, consider using the Shared Network Port feature, which allows iLO traffic to be routed through the first host NIC.