Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753844 Members
7745 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP, when will you provide a solution for mxdomainmgr.exe?????

Mariano De Luca
Advisor

HP, when will you provide a solution for mxdomainmgr.exe?????

I find it hard to believe (or hard to find) that of all the posts this one seems to be the hottest ticket and NO SOLUTION or even workarounds have been posted. HP when will you step in with all your internal knowledge and provide some help on this. Upgrading to 5.2 is not an option, imagine what other issues will come up and are "swept under the forum rugs..." sorry for the harshness but I am tired of dealing with this issue as are so many other customers.
I have also opened a ticket with support on this. Really doubt I will get anywhere and this will be just one more post in the pile.
15 REPLIES 15
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HP, when will you provide a solution for mxdomainmgr.exe?????

Please state what your problem is and the version you are using.
Mariano De Luca
Advisor

Windows 2003 Server STD
4GB of RAM
SQL 2005 STD
Proliant DL380 G4
Quad Core 3.2 Ghz CPU
HPSIM 5.1 SP1

navigating in SIM or trying to access the Scheduled Tasks is extremely slow and mxdomainmgr.exe is using up all my CPU.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

How many devices are you managing (all devices, not just servers)? How many events are in your database? Is your database local or remote?
Mariano De Luca
Advisor

2000 devices 3000 events. what are some things people have done to fix this?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Well, that's within the suggested configuration for that many servers for an HP SIM installation according to the Sizer (http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Technical Support --> Sizer).

The most common cause of what you're describing is when the CMS is overwhelmed by SNMP traps due to the fact that the 'Send Authentication Trap' is enabled in the Windows SNMP service. Turn that off and the problem generally goes away.
Mariano De Luca
Advisor

This is not turned on........
Mahesh Shah_3
Frequent Advisor

We are experiencing same performance problem. We have about 1700 servers and data collection report is overwritten every week. Also we purge all events older than 15 days. Based on the HP SIM Sizer we are well above the requirements.

Server configuration for HP SIM CMS as follows:
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise,
8GB of RAM
SQL 2000 SP4 Enterprise
ProLiant DL585 G1
Quad AMD Opteron 2.4 GHz CPU
HPSIM 5.1 SP1 with hot fix.
HP SIM CMS SQL DB Size is only 250MB not GB.

We are in process of consolidation of two CMS into one, by adding about 800 DL145 Grid servers (WEBM protocol) and 1000 ProLiant DL models for Hardware monitoring into above CMS environment.

I think HP SIM developer and SQL team should get together, analyzed the SQL CMS database configuration, SQL indexing and SQL queries are defined. If SQL database is not tuned correctly does not matter how well your CMS hardware configuration is?

Mariano De Luca
Advisor

My details:
Insight_v50_0_10231920.mdf = 3GB
Insight_v50_0_10231920_log.LDF = 20,608 KB
We have 5000+ devices, 2500 servers.
Questions for you:
How many events do you have?
I clear them often but cannot delete my 7000+ Discovery Events...

when any tasks runs does it really seem noticable the performance issue?
In my case whenever a task runs mxdomainmgr comes out to kill the server.
Mahesh Shah_3
Frequent Advisor

Based on the System overview, I have about total of 1730 Heath Status and 2022 Uncleared Events. You can not delete any system discovered events since they belongs to each discovered system in the CMS. If you delete a server entry same time all entries associated with that system including the discovered entry will be deleted automatically.