1753767 Members
5888 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPRSM Email Configuration

tyler bishop
Advisor

HPRSM Email Configuration

I have successfully installed the proliant support pack to my dl380 G2. I am now trying to figure out how to setup HPRSM to send emails to my hotmail vs the local server mail.

I think this is done with the management homepage under SMNP?
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HPRSM Email Configuration

I don't know what you are referring to as "HPRSM." The Insight Event Notifier that is installed as part of the ProLiant Support Pack can send email via an SMTP server in lieu of SNMP traps. To my knowledge, Hotmail does not provide an SMTP-compatible interface.
tyler bishop
Advisor

Yes, I am referring to the insight event notifier, I would like to change the way the event notifier sends email. I want it to send via the SMTP server on my local mail server.

Is there a command to restart the setup wizard?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You can find 'Insight Event Notifier Setup' on the [Start] menu in Windows.
tyler bishop
Advisor

I am using it under RHEL5 Linux.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the assumption. Didn't think many Linux users would use Microsoft Hotmail...

See http://www.hp.com/go/proliantlinux --> More Linux Documentation --> "Managing ProLiant servers with Linux" for Section 3 - Customization about how to configure the agents to send email.
tyler bishop
Advisor

Thank you, I have read through that documentation and found nothing regarding what I want to do. Is it possible to have Insight Manager send an email out to the internet to tell me that something has gone wrong?