7839 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 4 - JPI Plug-In

Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

HPSIM 4 - JPI Plug-In

All,

Anyone know why my client is suddenly requesting the following even though it's installed an dbeen working for years!!!

The HPSIM CMS server had hung this morning and I was forced to reboot uncleanly. Now my clients are requesting the JPI plug-in to get access to HPSIM.

Regards

A
5 REPLIES 5
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM 4 - JPI Plug-In

Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

..........thanks for the response, but my server hasn't run out of space!!!
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Annette,

HP SIM configuration file globalsettings.props might have been corrupted.

Restore globalsettings.props from a backup. If a backup is not available a copy of the file from another system can be used however automatic discovery configuration will need to be verified as this configuration is stored in the file.
Please Note:
After the corrupted file is replaced the "HP Systems Insight Manager" service must be restarted.

or

If browsing to HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) is unresponsive, uninstall Java(TM) plug-in from Microsoft Add or Remove Programs (listed as Java 2 Runtime Environment). After the plug-in has been removed, browse to HP SIM. A page will be displayed indicating the need for the Java(TM) plug-in to be installed. Click on "Install JPI" to install the plug-in.

Hope this works!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

........yup, it was the globalsettings.props file, can't understand why it got corrupt though, space is not an issue, the SQL database it kept on a dofferent server.

Thanks everyone
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Annette,

If you feel any of the response was of help,
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

SRH