Did you mean: 

HPSIM 5.1 Warranty reports outside the US query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM 5.1 Warranty reports outside the US query

Possibly for David Claypool,
I saw a similar thread regarding these reports. Will the ability to use this functionality extend beyond the U.S.?
How about downunder? NZ and Aus?
14 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HPSIM 5.1 Warranty reports outside the US query

My understanding is that it provides access to the services warranty database which is worldwide...Are you able to use the warranty lookup web page here on hp.com? It's the same data.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I tried sometime ago and had some fun linking agreements. I gave up after a while.

I've not installed 5.1 yet, so I'll have another go at linking the documents and retrying when it's available as it seems as though it'll be a useful feature.
Gene Nordahl
Valued Contributor

Rob,
Before you install 5.1 to work on this you may want to wait until the end of Feb. I installed 5.1 to test this feature to see if it would be benificial enough to argue with our FW guys about and found out it isn't available yet in 5.1. I've attached the Readme I recieved from the Remote Support Software Manager on this.

Gene
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Thanks, I'd noted the late Feb release date for the feature.
I've other reasons for wanting to move on to 5.1 though.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

"Dear all,

the Remote Support Technology program team is glad to announce that the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack and its software components are available for customer download since Friday, February 2nd. Available at no extra charge with customer's warranty, support contract, or HP Care Pack service, this new plug-in co-installs with the installation of HP Systems Insight Manager 5.1.

If customers have already installed the Remote Support Pack as part of the HP SIM 5.1 installation and configured the Remote Support Software Manager, they will automatically be notified or receive the new components securely according to the options selected.

Integrating the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack with HP SIM 5.1 opens a new world of possibilities when it comes to centralized management and servicing of customer's IT infrastructure. This combines the core hardware management value of HP SIM with new service and support tools to deliver improved warranty and contract management, automated support calls to HP, intelligent event analysis and advanced troubleshooting. These new capabilities are deployed on the customer's Windows-based Central Management Server (CMS) and include the following:

Improved serviceability:
â ¢ Monitor and manage ProLiant servers and Linux Integrity servers, associated internal devices and MSA attached storage by providing new serviceability attributes
â ¢ Send hardware event notification for these devices automatically and securely to HP, including entitlement, acknowledgement and status returns
â ¢ Highly secure Internet connection to HP
â ¢ Extend event monitoring to include service event filtering and analysis, providing recommended actions, reducing manual intervention
â ¢ Faster restoration of supported systems and devices to operational status
New integrated warranty and contract reporting:
â ¢ Track the status of customers warranty, HP Care Pack and support contracts with HP
â ¢ Create custom reports
â ¢ Eliminate the manual tracking of warranty, HP Care Pack and contracts
â ¢ Receive proactive expiration alerts
â ¢ Reduce support costs by making sure customers have the correct entitlement options for each discovered device"
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

From the release notes:

NOTE: ProLiant 1xx Series servers are not supported as a CMS to host the Remote Support Pack
since they do not offer a diagnostic monitor agent to monitor themselves. If you install HP SIM 5.1
on these Windows platforms, you will not be able to use the Remote Support Pack.

NOTE: The Remote Support Pack requires a single physical system allocated for HP SIM. If you
run HP SIM 5.1 on a Windows Virtual Machine, you will not be able to use the Remote Support
Pack.

I'm guessing this means that since I run SIM 5.1 in a VM, I can't use this feature. I'm trying to understand why this is the case, isn't this about monitoring of remote ProLiant servers, and not itself???
Mike Barbuschak
Occasional Visitor

Where can I download the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack from?

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It's included in the HPSIM 5.1 installation.
You need to configure the Remote Support Software by clicking on the icon on the desktop.
Fredrick Karlsson_2
Occasional Advisor

I am located in Sweden and can only get the Warranty report to work for 1% of all my servers.
The Remote Support Services though shows that most of the servers are OK when it comes to Support Obligation and I can retrieve the start and end dates.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Hey ROb what happen when i can't install the client , but i found MSI in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SWMAgent\.marimba\ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT\ch.20\data\msi

Is that the same?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

for this ''Remote Support Client A.05.00''
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

for this ''Remote Support Client A.05.00''it alway saying ''ABORTED'':aborted(install):Preference ***
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Daniel,
I had a couple of goes at this, mainly because it all fell apart after I removed and re-installed HPSIM 5.1. The ISEE stuff was still there and it never reintegrated. I also had exactly the same issue you're seeing.

To resolve this I downloaded the Support Troubleshooting guide and again went through the remove process.
I then reinstalled, but it didn't install correctly. No obvious errors, but when I tried to configure the Remote Support Manager it didn't find any products.

So I removed everything again as per the document, this time I checked registry settings as per the document and also removed an entry for Marimba in the HKLM/Software/ structure. I also checked and removed any leftover directories and again reinstalled.

This time it went as expected and after configuration of the Remote Support Manager it integrated into HPSIM.
From the RSM I then updated the relevant patches and all now report success.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Can you give me URL for the patches?