1753428 Members
4899 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 5.1

Jeff Thornell
Advisor

HPSIM 5.1

Hello all, I have a fresh install of SIM5.1. I was wondering why when I go to Tools and logs then all scheduled tasks, I do not see "Monthly Contract and Warranty collection" as an option to run. Can someone tell me how I can get this option?
Thank you

Jeff
11 REPLIES 11
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

This information was taken from:http://docs.hp.com/en/418812-002/ch09s02.html

Select Tasks and Logs; View All Scheduled Tasks . The All Scheduled Tasks page appears. Select the Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection task, and click Run Now. This ensures that all systems discovered prior to the client registration have contract and warranty information collected initially
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There's also an option under Options; Remote Support Configuration and Services, you may need to set this up first.
Jeff Thornell
Advisor

Well that is the thing I do not have any remote (anything) options under options... I am guessing something didn't get installed when I installed the application??
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm in the same position, but I removed HPSIM 5.1 and reinstalled. It was working before but now it's gone.
Now there's no Option nor job. I didn't remove this at the time and I've tried to find a script to try and re-connect it. I suspect I'll need to remove and reinstall to get this back.
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

Same here, I upgraded to 5.1 from 5.0sp5 yesterday and the items mentioned in this thread are missing.
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

I just upgraded from SIM5 SP5 to 5.1 and I'm missing the option and the task as well.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Well its seems a lot like that ME TOO!!
crap..
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've tried removing and then reinstalling and then configuring the Remote Support Manager, which seems to provide some of the underlying structure for this, but that didn't work either.
It looked quite nice while I had it as well!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Got it back, but use the method below at your own risk.
All caveats excluding any responsibility apply!

If you have the Remote Software Manager installed, it should show an entry for the Remote Support Client.
I tried updating this, but it failed claiming it was already updated.
From the log file I found the location of the .msi file. e.g.
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SWMAgent\.marimba\ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT\ch.20\data\msi\iseeClient.msi

I ran this manually, and I selected the Remove Button.
I reran and installed it.
This then created the additional tasks and menu items in HPSIM.