1751939 Members
5189 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 5.2 Logical Disk Report

Jamie Coleman
Advisor

HPSIM 5.2 Logical Disk Report

I've been searching through the forums and there's plenty of threads on this issue as it looks like it's been a problem since SIM 4.

Here's a link to a HP Advisory on a simular issue which works for me...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01091885&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838

My problem is exactly the same except I don't get any data in 'Used MB' or '% Used' for the canned report.

If I follow the procedure listed above I can get the data after an hour worth of disabling WBEM and re-running identify and data collection tasks, but I loose it again as I re-enable WBEM and the data collection task runs.

Does anyone know a fix for this issue (not just a workaround)? I dont want to have to spend an hour every week getting this report for management when they should be able to login and run it themselves in seconds!

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just a note it's the Bi-Weekly report (well it was not sure if it's changed) that populates the reports tables. So check that has run.

I have wbem enabled globally but with no credentials and just have credentials for my virtual servers. I let the data collection task gather data using other protocols available.

Also you might want to look at setting up an additional data collection report and changing the collection type to historical, this way you can retain storage use data. You'll need to write some queries to directly pull data from the database though.
Jamie Coleman
Advisor

Thanks for the info, that will work for now, but I'm really looking for a proper fix. Our idea in future is to stop monitoring using SNMP and rely on WBEM/WMI to manage, especially for systems in less secure networks (eg DMZ), but at the moment it looks like doing this will affect our reporting.
VRC
Valued Contributor

I think this has been fixed in 5.2. I am getting the correct %used for the WBEM enabled Windows server.
Jamie Coleman
Advisor

We are using 5.2, or are you suggesting it has been fixed in 5.2.1?
VRC
Valued Contributor

I think it was from 5.2 SP2. I don't have the setup now, so I cannot verify this now.

-VRC