Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752770 Members
4734 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 5 Systems/Tasks/Events screen suddenly blank

HPSIM 5 Systems/Tasks/Events screen suddenly blank

I've attached a screen shot. I do have a dev server to compare to. I don't see java.exe running on this system. Can sign on, can view security settings, but the main 'core' screens of the application have seemingly vanished. The data's there, I've looked in SQL. Just happened out of nowhere.

Seems to be a Java issue, any ideas? This guy appears to be running SIM 5 SP4.
6 REPLIES 6
Gabriel Aguilo
Frequent Advisor

Have you checked that the services are running on the HP SIM server?

try rebooting and checking the event logs for any java module failures. Also check you have the right java version installed.

HTH

Gabe

Yup, everything's running. Server's been cycled too. I'm looking through logs and have attached one of the mxdomain log files. It's full of errors compared to others, I have no idea what they mean!
Gabriel Aguilo
Frequent Advisor

On my HP SIM 5 SP4 server I currently have: Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_04-b05) of Java.

Could you check you have the same?

Could you also see if you uninstall Java, what HP SIM prompts for you to install?

From the logs it defintely looks like either java is not working correctly (wrong version - I know it updates automatically if you dont specifically turn it off) or that you have a problem with HP SIM.

If the java is OK. Try re-discovering your devices, or a main device.

Also check the SMH of the machine for any errors.

HTH

Gabe

Looks like Java is a little behind, java.exe in the HPSIM directory structure is 1.5.0_01-b08. I should probably upgrade that first, not sure why it wasn't upgraded with SP4 (which I didn't install, just trying to help fix). I noticed it's not possible to reinstall the SP4 patch, tried that. Any suggestions?

Thank you --you have been very helpful!
Gabriel Aguilo
Frequent Advisor

I think that you should upgrade Java first, then see what errors (if any) appear.

If that doesnt work, remove it and install the version I listed.

HTH

Gabe

I'm not sure what I need and where to install. I downloaded the latest J2SE and installed to \program files\java, but no change. I also noticed there was no server directory created, just client. Sorry to be asking rookie questions about Java.

Thanks--