108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 5 with SP5 Email Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve York_1
Advisor

HPSIM 5 with SP5 Email Problem

Hi Everyone, just built a new HPSIM Server, setting up the traps for email notification, they are triggering and clearing in the events list, but the emails are not arriving, I have checked the SMTP server details and the email address and all seems OK, where else in HPSIM can I look for help?
Running Windows 2003 fully patched.

Cheers

Steve
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

From the HPSIM server try using telnet to the E-Mail Server but specifying port 25 on the connect line.
You should be able to enter HELO and at least get a response.
Messages like rejected will indicate the mail server will not accept smtp requests from the HPSIM server. That's an e-mail server issue.
Steve York_1
Advisor

Thanks Rob, Now I feel dumb I should have thought of that, but sure enough it doesn't respond, so my colleagues who look after our exchange servers are going to look into it for me.

Again Many Thanks Rob
Richard Ward_6
Frequent Advisor
Solution

I had the same problem. It was our McAfee virus scan blocking email being sent out certain ports. Check your virus log to see if this might be the problem.
Steve York_1
Advisor

Ah that rings a bell now as well!!! It must be my age the memory is fading fast, thanks that was spot on McAfee blocking port 25 thinking it was spam
Steve York_1
Advisor

All sort now see above