1748000 Members
5023 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 6.1 Webserver not reachable

sam_193
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPSIM 6.1 Webserver not reachable

is it remote database or local database?
arrowbroker
Occasional Advisor

It├В┬┤s a remote database.
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

can you post hpsim.log file from c:\? and result of mxgetdbinfo command? and then try to ping to remote database and see if ping responds fine?
arrowbroker
Occasional Advisor

Here is the log. The ping is ok.
arrowbroker
Occasional Advisor

Here is the mxgetdbinfo.
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

can you also please post initconifg.log? Thanks!
David J Atkinson
Occasional Advisor

I don't know how much help this is, but I've checked your config file against my SIM server. The "Unable to calculate 'WebServicePort', using default '8080'" seems to be a new addition to HP-SIM v6. I don't think it is related to your problem. We get esentially the same output/warnings/etc up to the last line in your mxdomainmgr.0.log file

Here's the equivelent and next line from my logs:

26 Sep 20:56:37,483 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] [Status-0] (main) MxdbpopulationStrategy Reading file : /etc/opt/mx/config/criteria/Tr
ayCriteria.xml
26 Sep 20:56:37,489 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] [Status-0] (main) MxdbpopulationStrategy Reading file : /etc/opt/mx/config/criteria/di
sctaskluidcriteria.xml

it looks almost like there's something wrong with the data in your database and/or the permissions. Clearly the database credentials are correct and you can access the database (SIM completes the database checks). Has HP-SIM been working? are you adverse to re-running mxinitconfig and mxoracleconfig (ie. starting again)?

FWIW, we're running SIM v6.0 on SLES-10 with an external Oracle DB (10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit)
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

i just checked your first attachment.. looks like SIM was running to make it up... that was either restarting because of some problem.

check if you have several mxdomainmgr.X.log where X is 0,1,2,..15

please upload mxdomainmgr.1.log as previously log file was in process i didn't see any error.