5568 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 6.2 paging and USB modem support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Riou

HPSIM 6.2 paging and USB modem support

Is USB Modem support available within HPSIM 6.2?

When setting up the modem, I don't see "USB" as an option, rather, I see COM1..COM15.

I have a USRobotics v.92 USB modem attached. to my HPSIM 6.2 running on Windows 2008 R2 -64bit.

Thanks for the help.

Peter
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPSIM 6.2 paging and USB modem support

Hi Peter,

USB Modem can be connected to com port.

h/w option:
get a supported USB to serial cable and connect it to COM port on the server.

S/w option:
you need to check with modem vendor whether it's driver or application provides serial port redirection.
COM15 can be used for communication if your modem driver/software supports it.

please don't forget to assign points if you think information provide is helpful ..:)

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Peter Riou

Thanks for the note. I had noticed Windows 2008 gave the modem COM3. So I set HPSIM to use that.

I'm still having some problems, but I just discovered that my Antivirus software quarantines what it believes to be a virus. Quarantining file "IOL_dialup_with_HS.EXE"

I'm going to temporarily unload the Avntivirus client to see if that is the core problem.
Peter Riou

Turns out to be dialing rules.

I erased whatever was in the Windwos 2008 Phone and modem settings and tested by setting out paging within HPSIM to send directly to my cell phone.

This worked, after entering 9,780289xxxx
'xxxx' my last 4 digits.

However, when I try to use Bell's TAPI server, I am not successfully receiving TAPI pages. This # works on our older SIM boxes.

Any ideas?
Peter Riou

AHH HA!

I'd like to thank Ana from HP for resolving this issue completely, as she quickly identified the root.

I had installed HPSIM 6.1 using a specific Admin account. When we went into deugging mode, she say that My personal account had many access errors when trying to use the modem.

When I created an ActionEventHandle with the account I used to install Install HP SIM with, I had no problem.

Problem closed.